BRADFORD SKINCARE SPECIALIST GLOWS UP WITH A NEW HOLISTIC CLINIC IN LOCKDOWN WITH A RISE OF WOMEN FEELING EMPOWERED BY SELF-CARE & WORKING ON THEIR HOLISTIC HEALTH REGARDLESS OF BACKGROUND…
“Fewer women wearing makeup in a bid to glow inside out after time in lockdown for self-care as well as a rise in complementary therapies, video calls and developing new habits…”
• Holistic skincare specialist launched new clinic two weeks before the first Lockdown but has seen a surge in customers who now wants to empower the female community with self-care
• With A Rise In Zoom Calls For Work, Women Are Wearing Less Makeup Creating Demand For Better Skin, Without Makeup Or Filters!
• “Lockdown really could have been the end for my clinic, but thanks to an amazing community of women in West Yorkshire, my clinic has thrived. I’ve helped ladies feel confident in their own skin and have a lockdown glow up and now they’ve revived my business – thanks to those women!”
– “I’m so pleased that women are seeing how worthy they are of self-care & healing!”
Lockdown has changed the way we are working and there’s no sign of change, which means more Zoom and Skype calls and less leaving the house.
Holistic Skin Specialist, Abigayle André, aged 28 from Bradford says there has been a huge rise in skincare and the search for better skin without having to put on makeup or use a filter.
Since reopening she has seen a surge in women having her Bespoke Skin Treatments including The Million Dollar Facial, Dermaplaning, and Microneedling facials, in order to improve their skin and feel comfortable wearing less or no makeup.
“Your skin has a direct effect on self-esteem and mental health”, says Holistic Skin Specialist Abigayle André
Abigayle set up her skin clinic, Glam Aesthetic, based at Dudley Hill in Bradford just two weeks prior to the national lockdown in March last year. Whilst many businesses have had to close their doors due to COVID and lockdown restrictions, she says her clinic has thrived from the support of the local community.
“Lockdown really could have been the end for my clinic, but thanks to an amazing community of women in West Yorkshire, my clinic has thrived. I’ve helped ladies feel confident in their own skin and have a Lockdown glow up and my business has also had its own – thanks to those women!”
Abigayle’s clinic, Glam Aesthetic, is based at Dudley Hill in Bradford and serves women from
across Yorkshire, mainly West Yorkshire.
The Glam Aesthetic Owner and Skincare expert for women, says:
“Your skin has a direct effect on self-esteem and mental health. I have had clients who couldn’t leave their homes without makeup or would only come to appointments when the roads were quiet to avoid being seen. They now feel confident to face the world without makeup.
“It’s amazing how improving their skin has a direct effect on their mental health and self-esteem.”
Abigayle recommends the following tips for looking after your skin at home:
– Use a cream cleanser instead of face wash as it is better for the skin barrier
– Always use lukewarm water instead of hot as it strips the skin!
– Bin the baby wipes and micellar water in favour of double cleansing with a cream cleanser to remove makeup!
– Wear SPF50 every day regardless of the weather and reapply by it regularly to help avoid premature wrinkles, pigmentation and breakouts
– Ditch harsh scrubs and pore strips that damage and strip the skin and opt for AHA/BHAs for gentle but more effective exfoliation
Glam Aesthetic has gone under recent renovation during Lockdown and is full of WOW Factor decor, featuring: a huge 3D dried pampas cloud, bespoke dried florals, and a wall that reads ‘You Look Like A Queen’. She has created a Bespoke Blending Bar where she creates custom serums for her client’s skin routines.