BRADFORD SKINCARE SPECIALIST GLOWS UP NEW CLINIC IN LOCKDOWN WITH A RISE OF WOMEN FEELING EMPOWERED FOR SELF-CARE
- Holistic skincare specialist launched new clinic two weeks before the first Lockdown but has seen a surge in customers and now wants to empower the female community with self-care
- With A Rise In Zoom Calls For Work, Women Are Wearing Less Makeup Creating Demand For Better Skin, Without Makeup Or Filters!
- “Lockdown really could have been the end for my clinic, but thanks to an amazing community of women in West Yorkshire, my clinic has thrived. I’ve helped ladies feel confident in their own skin and have a lockdown glow up and my business has also had its own – thanks to those women!”
Lockdown has changed the way we are working and there’s no sign of change, which means more Zoom and Skype calls and less leaving the house.
Hello, running your business from home!
Holistic Skin Specialist, Abigayle André, aged 28 from Bradford says there has been a huge rise in skin care and the search for better skin without having to put on makeup or use a filter.
Since reopening she has seen a surge in women having her Bespoke Skin Treatments including The Million Dollar Facial, Dermaplaning and Microneedling facials, in order to improve their skin and feel comfortable wearing less or no makeup.
Abigayle set up her skin clinic, Glam Aesthetic, based at Dudley Hill in Bradford just two weeks prior to the national lockdown in March last year. Whilst many businesses have had to close their doors due to COVID and lockdown restrictions, she says her clinic has thrived from the support of the local community.
“Lockdown really could have been the end for my clinic, but thanks to an amazing community of women in West Yorkshire, my clinic has thrived. I’ve helped ladies feel confident in their own skin and have a lockdown glow up and my business has also had its own – thanks to those women!”
Abigayle’s clinic, Glam Aesthetic, is based at Dudley Hill in Bradford. The clinic has gone under recent renovation during lockdown and is full of WOW Factor decor, featuring: a huge 3D dried pampas cloud, bespoke dried florals and a wall that reads ‘You Look Like A Queen’. She has created a Bespoke Blending Bar where she creates custom serums for her client’s skin routines.
Abigayle recommends the following tips for looking after your skin post lockdown:
- Using a cream cleanser instead of face wash as it is better for the skin barrier – always using luke warm water instead of hot as it strips the skin!
- Binning the baby wipes and micellar water in favour of double cleansing with a cream cleanser to remove makeup!
- Wearing SPF50 every day regardless of the weather and reapplying regularly to help avoid premature wrinkles, pigmentation and breakouts
- Ditching harsh scrubs and pore strips which damage and strip the skin and opting for AHA/BHAs for gentle but more effective exfoliation
With Mental Health Awareness Week just passing, May is mental health month and caring for your mind is for life and helps your business!
“Your skin has a direct affect on self esteem and mental health”, says Holistic Skin Specialist Abigayle André. I have had clients who couldn’t leave their home without makeup or would only come to appointments when the roads were quiet to avoid being seen. They now feel confident to face the world without makeup. It’s amazing how improving their skin has a direct affect on their mental health and self esteem.
The clinic is open for skin treatments including the Million Dollar Facial, Dermaplaning and Microneedling, you can book via their website by going to: www.glamaesthetic.co.uk you can also take their Skin Test online to find out what products would be best to help your skin look and feel better.
Glam Aesthetic is based at Suite 1, Dudley Hill Business Centre, Knowles Lane, Bradford, BD4 9SW.
Bookings are via appointment only and can be made via: http://www.glamaesthetic.co.uk
You can follow Glam Aesthetic on Instagram and Facebook @glamaestheticuk
ABIGAYLE ANDRE CAN BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY ON 07939972603 OR ON SOCIAL MEDIA @GLAMAESTHETICUK OR VIA EMAIL GLAMAESTHETICUK@GMAIL.COM